Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thing #9: Not sure about this one

Thing #9 had to do with online word processing software. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm trying to think of applications in the library world, and I come up with all those people out there who can't afford Microsoft Office. And yet, they can come into their library and get on the internet. Where I think this might get a little dicey is when you have these personal documents floating around online that people might be able to hack into. And then again, no one is really safe, because your personal computer can just as easily be hacked into. It's kind of an interesting debate and/or thought.

One other pro that I can see would be the ability to NOT carry around a thumb drive/disk (does anyone use disks anymore)/whatever you use to carry your documents around. Hmmm... I like it, minus the security issues.

Oh, and for the record, I edited on Zoho. Mine was the Texas comment, as they truly think they are their own nation, per my mum and good ol' Lance Armstrong, among others who have claimed this untruth. I couldn't get the document to come through on GoogleDocs, but am still working on it. I requested access.

No comments: