Monday, September 8, 2008

Froggy finds Thing #17 familiar

Thing #17 contained a lot of to do's. I think I got through it all. I'll recap. ELM. I worked with these databases a lot while I was getting my library degree, which was not too long ago. I set up a search alert for myself. Search alerts were a new find for me. I think I got it to work okay, even though there was a lot of confusion. I mean, confusion on the 23 things blog and as I fumbled around with it. I made up a webpage in EBSCO. I really don't see a use for it for me. So, I deleted it after I played around a bit with it. I e-mailed the ProQuest webpage to myself. That was interesting. And I set up an account with NetLibrary (I thought I had one already, but couldn't remember the login) and made a note.

I like NetLibrary. I don't use it much, but it has some awesome features. I did a presentation on it for my colleagues at one point when we first started using it at our library. I even remember mentioning the cool notes feature. I didn't realize there were so many new features in EBSCO and ELM. I learned a lot on this Thing.

No comments: