Friday, September 5, 2008

Froggy finds Thing #16 helpful

I wish we had something like the Assignment Calculator and Research Project Calculator when I was an undergraduate student. I would have used it if only to keep myself on task. Working in libraries all my life, I knew how to do the research, but sometimes needed help with the non-book related research. There's so much more out there now.

These tools will be useful to help students do their research papers. It seems that research is dying, in that students no longer know about any resource except for the internet and Google. We're constantly explaining to kids that it has to be a reputable site and you have to know how to tell the difference online.

I find it strange that
kids are so trusting of anything that's out there. Our world is getting so small because of internet access. You can visit with people halfway across the world. Identity theft is rampant. There's a new type of stalker, a new type of pervert trying to meet young kids. And kids seem so naive about all this. My rant for the day, I guess. It's late. Tangents happen.

I'm glad this tool is out there so that we can help students learn about true research.

No comments: