Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing #46: Webjunction Minnesota

I really like Webjunction. I've been a member for a while. I used to get frequent e-mails on our MN Reforma listserv group from Bruce Pomerantz about things going on there. It has great information on outreach to Spanish-speakers for libraries. And I've taken a few webinars at our library through Webjunction. I'm glad it was one of the Things. I revisited. I haven't been in a while. I think the last time I really explored, they were in the middle of changing the site to its current look. So, I went, I updated my profile, friended some of my colleagues, signed up for a few courses, checked out a discussion on book displays, and spent a good amount of time just browsing. I found a course for PowerPoint. One of my co-workers was going to teach a class on that, and I was supposed to assist. I'm wondering now if we couldn't just sign up for that course instead. I'll have to check in with my co-worker on that. It could be a real time-saver! So, cool beans and thanks!

No comments: