Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thing #42: Music 2.0

I really had fun with this Thing, despite the fact that it's not something I can really do at work (no music at our desk, no headphones allowed) and my new laptop is having issues with non-headphone sound. But, yesterday I signed up for both Pandora and Last.fm. I poked around in both of them. Today, I asked my daughter if she wanted to listen to music on the computer. She was game. Of course! She loves music! So we sat down with two sets of earbuds and logged into Last.fm. We listened to Justin Roberts, Ella Jenkins, Raffi, Backyardigans, and more. It was awesome! I had to leave for a second and when I came back, my daughter said, "Put in your ducky ears, Mommy! Hurry!" (I have ducky earbuds.) And her little feet were bobbing up and down. She was listening to "Pop Fly" by Justin Roberts. She loves Justin Roberts, but hasn't heard that one before. After a slow song, we tried some of the kid stations on Reciva. It didn't work so well. There were too many commercials. It never got to the music. That was the Disney station. I couldn't get the any other ones to work, for some reason. I tried one of Live 365 too, but just ended up at one of my local stations websites. I was probably doing something wrong, but oh well. I ended up going to the MPR website and listening to the newscast because by that time, my daughter had lost all interest and wandered away. Pretty fun stuff, regardless!

Oh yes, and another widget has been added.

No comments: