Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thing #40: Mashup the Web

Hmmm... I feel like we're chasing our tails here. Aren't all these widgets and things that I've added to the blog mashups. I mean really? But it's good to get a really clear definition of it, which the video supplied. Thanks!

To be nice and play along, though, my husband and I use CrimeReports to check on our neighborhood, which we have "fondly" been calling "the 'hood" of late because of an annoying gang presence in the last couple of years. I looked at LibWorm and decided that it was just too much for me right now. The grinding gears in my head came to a screeching halt trying to figure out what I wanted to do with all that information. And I was going to do Travelr, but then I got in there and there was all this stuff about lattitude and longitude and I thought, didn't I kind of do this already with FlickrMaps. I think I did. And it was sooooo much easier. So, here's that map.

I think this is another one that I'll probably play around with more later, but right now, enough is enough. :)

No comments: