Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing #31: More twittering

Hmmmm... Not crazy about this thing, but possibly hooked on Twitter. I check it on my computer and my phone. I like it. I haven't added it to my Facebook yet. I'm kind of liking it being separate for now. But, of course, I did add my tweets to this blog page. I don't really think anyone is reading them here. But it's fun, all the same. I looked up scrapbooking and found a vendor of scrapbook supplies, CropChocolate. Maybe I'll buy some. Chocolate sounds good, too...

And I really don't want to add my name to the Tweeter Directory. Thanks, anyway. I looked through the alerting and scheduling tools for Twitter. Again, I don't think I'm there yet. It's nice to know it's available, it's just not my thing.

I read the article suggested here: http://thenextweb.com/2008/12/22/food-for-thought-in-which-twitter-stage-are-you/ and found out that I am in stage 5 of acceptance of Twitter, although I'm not sure how useful my posts have been to the people following me. In fact, they've mostly been posts regarding socks. I love socks.

And I perused the list suggested: http://www.transplant-1.com/blogorama/twitter-is/
I just think Twitter is good fun with a little bit of usefulness and networking thrown in. I've started out using it kind of like I started out using Facebook, which has now balooned into something totally different for me. I wanted to use it to connect with close friends and family, but I've got people on there that I've reconnected with from high school, co-workers, and friends of friends. It's a little scary for me right now. And I imagine Twitter will get to that point too. But, hey! It's all in good fun. Right?

No comments: