Monday, April 20, 2009

Thing #30: More RSS, Part 1

I worked on more things this weekend, since there were some slow spots at the desk. I'm not sure if it was because I was working at the desk or if it was just too much for my brain to take in right now, but I got a little confused. It looks like there's so much that you can do with RSS! I think the e-mail function would be handy, but I have a notifier set up on my work and home computer. So, no need! And then I can also access Bloglines from my mobile phone. Which is awesome! I'm currently behind on my feeds because it got sunny outside.

Well, I sifted through again, just to see if I was a bit loony or what, but a lot of the tools, although they look cool, are kind of taken care of by the service itself, or I just don't feel like I need them at this point. I have a feeling this will be somewhat like when I was doing 23 things. There were items that I just wasn't ready for yet. But then later, when I got into it more, I was able to go back and use those Things when I was ready.

So, let's just sum up. Filtering: don't need it right now, maybe later. E-mail notification, etc: taken care of by the service that I use. Be more efficient: I have other ways to be efficient than the tools listed right now. Sharing your RSS: sounds like this one would be really fun, but I don't have anyone that I'd like to share with or that I think would appreciate my feeds yet. Hmmm... Maybe will have to check with some people just to experiment with that one.

Half of Thing #30 explored. Now on to more Delicious!

No comments: