Friday, June 27, 2008

Froggy finds Thing #3 frustrating...

Many months ago I kept hearing the buzz about RSS. Actually, I'd been hearing about it for a long time, but finally got fed up and decided that I needed to learn about it or I was going to fall way behind. This was while I was still pregnant and not sleeping well. So one night at about 3:00 in the morning, I got onto my Yahoo account and set up a My Yahoo page. It was great! I felst so relieved. I had all my news there, a link to my e-mail account, weather for both my homes, and goofiness besides.

In doing this project, I went to Bloglines as recommended and was overwhelmed by the messiness. I'm not sure why, but it just seemed difficult to get the page the way I wanted it. And I'm sure already being set up with a page full of RSS feeds in a different display with Yahoo didn't help any. I like My Yahoo, and I'm sticking with it. I suppose I'll check the Bloglines every once in a while, but it's not my cup of tea. I would recommend My Yahoo for anyone out there that likes to play with the colors of their page and get things to look the way they want. Click and drag, etc. That's all for just this minute folks!

No comments: